Thursday, 3 December 2009

Hanging with family


a photo of Bilbao.

I am not going to lie, spending time with my mum's side of the family hasn't been the highlight of my bimble, if anything I am looking forward to continuing on my travels. At least it has given me enough time to organise the rest of my bimble, as visa's and tickets unfortunately don't sort themselves out, also picking the route took quite a long time too, as each country has different rules concerning entry and applying for visas, some you can apply when you get there, but most you need to spend days fighting the bureaucracy demon. But I have enjoyed bits, also learning Spanish is worthwhile.


 Left: from my grans Balcony. not inspiring. Right: Bilbao's famous flower dog


Most of the time I have been staying with my Gran, which is about the most boring thing I could imagine! but at least I am getting to relax and recharge ready for the next leg of my voyage, and the weather has been pretty great too!


uncle's house.

I have also spent a couple of weeks at my uncles lovely old house in the country near Bilbao with my 2 cousins and his wife, my uncle is rather interesting, he's a conceptual artist (I personally don't like most of his work) spent a few days making him a website, which kept me amused, he lives in a cool mountainy place near Bilbao, problem is he has 2 children (cousins) that are now young teenagers and not interested in hanging out with there uncle (me) and wifey dislikes me a lot, so I have ditched hanging out with my uncle in favor of being bored at my grans (as I don't like imposing where I am not wanted).

No comments:

Post a Comment